Thursday 28 July 2016

Modified Dragoons, (Warlord) - Part 4 of 6

This set was inspired by accounts and paintings [seen here] of the Battle of Waterloo where Scottish infantry latched onto cavalry to help them speed into action.
WIP
Rider - Left hand made from greenstuff as the previous hand was too low.
The musket was taken from a spare Warlord figure. The powder box and strap were added using greenstuff. Sharp eyed viewers may notice that I had forgotten to remove the sword hilt from the mounted figure, this was done later, as can be seen in the painted version.

Runner - The right arm was taken from a Perry miniature WoTR set with the left arm and the staff of the pole arm removed.

WIP

The powder horn, strap and both straps for the muskets were made from strips of greenstuff.
WIP

WIP
I'm not entirely happy with this specific set (and I'm not fishing for compliments here). I've since had an idea how to make a similar composition of a running figure more realistic but that will have to wait unit I can find a suitable base (yes I do need to get out more). Once this is done I may then retire this particular pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment