Tuesday 22 September 2009

Never ending story.


My brother turned up to my flat last night after a trip to Brum and interrupted my painting & internet browsing (greatest time waster since Tetris). He came armed with the new metal command pack and the Essex character from Warlord Games bought from Ian Allan’s book shop. There is a fair amount of heavy flash on the Essex figure which will need cleaning up.

I don't mind the extra work too much because he’d also purchased a copy of ‘The Devil's Chariots: The Birth & Secret Battles of the First Tanks’ by John Glanfield. It looks a promising read.

There is another shop in Birmingham that sells miniatures. I won’t mention the name of the place but
I’m pretty sure you could walk round there stark naked, perform a few forward rolls and star jumps, remove half their stock and no-one would bat an eyelid. The staff are friendly enough, if you can grab their attention, but they do seem more concerned with playing games at the back of the shop.

Anyway, after retreating to the pub I explained to my brother that I don’t think I can possibly finish all the plastic miniatures before Christmas. Not at the rate I paint anyway. More realistically however I believe I can complete at least two regiments including the extended Rupert's regiment (with extra pikemen). At least twelve figures a week now seems more feasible.

I'm hoping to attend the Derby wargame show the weekend after next so it's likely I'll be going home with even more stuff to clog up the spare room. I can resist anything but temptation.

3 down - 279 to go (I’m being to realise how Sisyphus felt).

No comments:

Post a Comment