Tuesday 24 February 2015

'Mauler' Class Ripper Suit - Deadzone Marauders, Mantic Games

This is the chum of the 'Rainmaker' Class Ripper Suit that can be seen (here). As with the previous figure this model was relatively simple to paint. 
'Mauler' Class Ripper Suit
The base detail is made up of plastic card and sprue. I wanted to give the impression that the orc had ripped off the sign with his chain sword after putting a few lasers holes through it.
'Mauler' Class Ripper Suit
Rear View
I think I got a bit carried away applying the rust powders though, once I started I kept on painting on more and more.
'Mauler' Class Ripper Suit

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like a simple paint to me???? Nice one Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, it is quite simple when you know the process. The entire model was painted silver and then given a black wash. The few details (green flesh, wiring, grenades etc.) were picked out with relevant colours and then finally apply the weathering powders.

      Delete
  2. Great basing detail. Excellent painting. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again kiwi, I should have mentioned in the post that the basing came about because the figure is actually warped slightly and his feet are at different levels. To make up for this I thought of building up the base and eventually came up with the idea of the sign being trampled underfoot.

      Delete