Monday 19 October 2015

Purple Shark (Warzone Resurrection), Prodos Games

And now for something completely different...
Purple Shark & Spotty Herbert
Made by Prodos Games this piece, called the Purple Shark, is taken from one of their Capitol starter kits in the Warzone Resurrection range. From what I've seen Prodos make some very nice resin models. I assume they use 3D printers to create the prototype as on (very) close inspection you can just about see the thin layers that made up the original model. The chaps from Prodos have visited the local gaming shop (Asgard Games Uk) where I got the chance to speak to one of them. His options and thoughts on why Games Workshop's FineCast were plagued with technical issues was very interesting but probably best not committed to paper (or online if that makes sense).
Purple Shark
Purple Shark
Purple Shark
Purple Shark
On a recent visit to the shop and during a break in playing various new (to me at least) games I happened to see this gamer's brand new purchase, the model shown here. After admiring it I offered to paint it up for him as I had a flash of inspiration for the paint scheme, which is pretty much as it looks here. The model struck me as having similar styling to an American 30's fighter or car, hence the stars and strips detailing. The figures supplied with the starter set are very loosely based on futuristic style US Marines (I think) so I gave the driver/rider and desert/urban paint job with light and dark spots added to give the impression of camo. I quite like the juxtaposition of colorful, metallic machine and the rider's outfit (mind you, I should do seeing as I painted it).

Looking at the finished work I think I may been overly influenced by Kevin O'Neill's artwork and in particular his work for Pat Mill's Marshall Law comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment