Thursday, 30 September 2010

Damaged Sconce

As I was recently in a 'terrain' mood I finally finished this particular modular section of the sconce model I worked on this time last year. As I'd earlier made a section of damaged linking section I thought it would be more likely that a corner section would also suffer damage - hence this model shown below.











The gaps are wide enough for a 40mm sq base to pass though easily. The ramps created by the fallen earth have been made so that figures will stay in place if they haven't quite managed to breach the walls. I deliberately kept this model free from battle clutter but I'm now tempted to add a few details such as broken swords, muskets etc.

Previous posts relating to the construction of the models and the history of the real thing can be foun
here.