Sunday 13 February 2011

Warlord Games ECW Cavalry Modifications - Part 4 of 6

Cornet Marmaduke Hood
Perhaps the most iconic and easily recognised object associated with the ECW is the lobsterpot helmet. Often linked with the Parliamentarian Ironsides, or Roundheads, this style of helmet would have been worn by both sides.

As there are plenty of spare helmet parts in the Warlord Games box I thought I could depict a couple of troopers with their visor/faceguard raised. This was easier said than done. Taking two helmet components from the sprue, with the first I removed the visor and on the second I carefully cut away the main body leaving just the visor. This proved to be the trickiest operation as the vertical plastic bars are quite fragile. It was then just a matter of gluing the two parts together at an appropriate open angle.

5 comments:

  1. Extremely nice looking paintwork...very well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying this series Matt. Nice work, and very inspiring for when I bite the bullet and dust off the two Battalia Boxes in the cupboard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good - excellent conversion.

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy lately - very impressed with both the modifications and the paint work. We'll have to get together soon. I'd like your opinions on cityscape that I'm putting together. Ade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments.

    Ade, let us know when it's convenient and we'll pop across. I might even bring some toys to play with!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete